Thursday, March 15, 2012

low

there's a devil outside the door
scratching at my
resolution
tearing at my resolve
it is a horrid violent animal
a wolf that tears flesh from bone
and i'm hiding in here
all alone
with my terrible mind,
this horrible disease
that burns me down like a fever
and brings me to my knees
and i'm thankful for frigid water here
a handful on my sweaty neck
and i hear the scratching
of the clawed paw on the sideboards
hungry for my
sinful flesh
and waiting out my rest
to come crashing up
from a burrowed hole
and to be all over me
and my bleary eyes
are romantically enticed
to convince me
to just lay down for a moment
next to her
but i know this devil's
wearied whispers
i know just how it goes down
when she
breathes softly
that awful sound
of mine own lonely
rising from the ground
germinated like spring seeds
from her fertile soul
soon to bear the fruit
of the horrid animal
burrowing beneath the floorboards
and i am sleeping now
just a few more moments
tick tick tick
and in the amber glow
of a candle in my cabin
tonight it goes down slow
like it all was set up so smoothly
to strike when i got low
and i got low....
so
fuck it
bring on the wolves at the door

No comments:

Post a Comment