Friday, March 2, 2012

deep

if you learned i was a robot
would you hold me while i cry
or just toss me an old oil can
and say, “wipe the tears from your eyes?”
if i was a shooting star
exploding in the sky
would you consider me a missile
and cry out for me to die?
if i were a just stranger
would you give me half a chance
would you flick me off like cigarette ash
at the slightest sideways glance?
if i were a tornado
would you let me hold you for a while
then go and climb down to the shelter
and let the whole thing pass you by?
if i were in a car wreck
would you want to look and see
and cast your gently gazing eyes
one last time at me?
to touch my face so softly
reaching into this grotesque
a scene were love lies suspended
in viscous strings of thick blood mess
and if i said i truly loved you
would the past all melt away
as i lay there dying slowly
would you finally look and see
the man at the core of all of this
now a broken spirit machine
all the gears and springs
of a heart torn up by dreams
they are so soft and fragile
so this puts it to the test
will you realize how deep my love went
when you finally lay me
to rest?

No comments:

Post a Comment