Saturday, March 10, 2012

brief reprieve (i'm gonna quit this scene)

jazz after hours
bellowing low from my
parked car at the mcdonald's
drive through
a ritual of
vampires and
guitar players
on the way home
oh yeah
and the asshole kids
throwing their trash around
racing their sleek machines
across the yellow lines
of the parking lot
tonight
the server girl was nice
but i'm too old to fuck her
and besides
she knows my penchant
for the 2 fish fry
and she has a real nice body
tight to the waste and a clear face
she doesn't eat this shit at all....
saturday night and i am worn out
completely
this scene is
killing me
slowly
and with no mercy or reservation
of violent effort
i am a rag doll on the cosmos
"baby all I need is you"
and the walking baseline
ba doom doom doom doom
baby all i need is you
the sweet reprieve
and tonight she is asleep in
my covers
and i will be there when i can wind myself down
so for once
not another bar girl
on a couch
maybe ...
this town will go fuck itself for good
this time
and this last run
will turn it all around
"set your clock ahead,"
the radio man
demanded
and oh yeah
i lose another hour
better limp it home and hit the shower
and try to slip
in bed without her sensing
i want to relish in my weary
in the dark
i don't know,
maybe the bottle
and the back porch
tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment