Monday, January 16, 2012

if (or - the violence and dissolution of the messy surgical process of my sweet creativity) & you

and if you call looking for me
i’ll be in the basement
i’ll be in the basement
rattling spoons
rattling spoons
dragging joyful noises
out into the room
and beating them to the brink of death
until they fit into a tiny
little box
joyful noises
like joyful babies
don’t it make you swoon
rattling spoons
rattling spoons
yesterday a whole horn section
tonight all tambourines
and tomorrow
i will kill a notion or two
dead
in
cold blood
on the indian rug
on the concrete floor
and if you come looking for me
don’t knock on my door
i may be dead in here
or cleaning up some stuff
it might even sound like the
hellfire of angels
tearing my flesh from the bone
that just means
that I am onto something finally
so leave me alone
until I emerge
with that limp and bleeding something
soaked in the fine aged patina of
suffering
my creative process
alone
in a sound dead basement
with no witnesses
and if you are worried
at all beyond your ability to swallow it down
i left a fifth of bourbon
in the mailbox
drink it
and I will be along
i will be along
for you
and my whiskey
please save me some
please save me some
of my whiskey
save me some….

No comments:

Post a Comment