Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I have slam-dance the barefoot fandango...

In the run up to the start of my journey I will be posting some old poems as a preview...here is one...


I’ve Never Known the Weight of the World

People are a disease.  They are a
virus;
a bacterial colony filling the pool to capacity,
swarming the sallow marrow of
the sweet world
with their filthy hands
and their silver soaked hearts.
To see such a virulent pest
before my eyes…
And shit,
I work the retail floor of the devil,
a deep red satanic dick
in the mouth of the leaders of the world,
and it is here that they created their gods,
restless and petty;
firing searing whiplashes
leaping from the gossip tongues of the bitches
in their horrid trendy clothes
and their soft masks of glorified finger paints.
I’ve never known their greedy gods…
I’ve walked the dusky woods
for moonlight’s mistress
and touched the soil of the earth;
I have slam danced the barefoot fandango,
wild and free in the comfort of the crowd;
the ambiguous nightmare waiting like a viper
in the grass.
They speak of love
in lofty superstitions
and trimmed hedges.
There are rules, protocol
to follow,
and words you can not use.
There are holes you can not either
Hmm…
Even in the filthy baths of romance
there is no room for the sweet honey of truth.
There are three word prayers and greeting cards
to look like that,
and for ‘god’s sake
keep it in the bedroom!
Well…
I’ve never known their empty love…
Mine has been uniquely feral,
crouching in alleyways of fantasy's design;
Mine has piercings and cleanup involved;
Mine is full of bad words and new things,
and puss-dripping echoes of passionate desire,
framed in the sweaty woodwork of
humility.
Mine is the moons sweaty mistress;
Mine drips venomous love
on the ashes of the hearts of its inferno;
Mine is a car-fire;
a tattooed nightmare;
a crucible of sin
that pours forth and lights this town.
Mine hangs from metal hooks and claws the flesh;
Mine is a delicate tissue wall
and its all coming down
tonight,
like I’ve never known the weight of the world
before…

No comments:

Post a Comment