Thursday, November 1, 2012

snow shelter

I could be snowed in with my lady,
There’s a blizzard coming down
And as I walk to my destination
Each falling flake
Is an earthquake
With a head like mine
Tonight
And I came in from the
Cold to find myself
Here
In the warm pub
With the cool décor
And the wooden floors
Yeah, I could be snowed in
With a single beauty
But here
There are so many warm bodies
For a more general
And earthly relation
I could be snowed in
But I don’t care
Me and the band are playing
All night long
And it’s a joyful sound
Downtown
In this amber lit room
Beyond the foggy windows
A light against the cold winter night
And dancing idiots
Just being human
I chose this life
Because it is full of life
At least a little bit
And it is the best of my music pals and we are
Trading songs
We love for the singing
And Katie is dancing
On a table
And the laughter echoes like
The choir of angels
And the feet on the floor
The thunder of the heavens
Outside big snowflakes fall
I could be snowed in with my lady
But me and the band are playing
All night
Tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment