Friday, February 3, 2012

the hit

and here they came
to claim
my one precious thing
on the list
for years i’m sure
the bounty high
to take alive
and i survived
on this mountain range
eating only what i could
hunt or kill
for just as long…
a life of fresh air
and here’s the thing
my love was bound
to end this way
this little gem i held for you
and now these bullets
aim so true
and i will stand
my shirt ripped open
come and take it
come by dozens
let it shred my body torn
apart upon
the early morn
i will be in the sunlight
bearing down
with all my might
you can take my heart
and tear it down
but I will still have
the thing inside
where it resides
a perfect place to hide it there
deep down among
the passion
and fear
yes deep inside this muscle dear
the tripwire
will start the timer
the self destruct
that starts the fire
it takes off like
a beast from hell
and scrambles down the
wishing well
and all so fast
they will not see
it is no more
inside of me
than the total mass
of all the sea
i’ve set it free
i’ve set it free
the love we had
that haunted me
with no bounty now
this death is free
so close my eyes
so i can see
the memory of you
in front of me
dancing wild
and fancy free
how could
this love
not
murder
me
no
this
is
how
it
had
to
be



No comments:

Post a Comment